Easter is perfect for spending time with the family. Especially Sundays are meant for lunch with your favourite people. But what would Easter be without some cake? We think this carrot cake is divine which is why we are going to share this amazing recipe with you today. Just in time for Easter so that you can make something special for your friends and family.
For this carrot cake you will need:
For the dough:
375g carrots (shredded, the Borner Roko PowerLine is the ideal tool)
2tsp baking powder
1tsp cinnamon powder
250ml (vegetable) oil
For the frosting:
300g cream cheese
100g powdered sugar
1 sachet vanilla sugar
1 squeeze lemon juice
- Clean and peel the carrots. We recommend using the Borner Combi Peeler. After that, use the Borner Roko PowerLine to create evenly shredded carrot pieces.
- Mix together the eggs, the sugar, the oil and the cinnamon. We prefer to do that in the Borner Multimaker which is ideal for mixing ingredients.
- Now you can add the carrots and the almonds to your mixture. Add the flour and the baking powder as well. Mix it all together to create an even mixture.
- You can fill the mixture into a greased springform tin. Preheat the oven to 180°C on upper and lower heat. The cake needs to be baked for 40 minutes. Depending on your oven the times may vary so check the cake from time to time to make sure it is done.
- For the frosting, mix together the cream cheese and the lemon juice. Once this has been done, you can add in the powdered sugar and the vanilla sugar. Mix it all together and your frosting is done. Once the cake has cooled down, spread it evenly on your cake.
- If you want, you can also decorate your cake and it’s ready to be eaten.